Botanic Gardens is an important part of Belfast's Victorian heritage and a popular meeting place for residents, students and tourists.
It was established in 1828 by the Belfast Botanic and Horticultural Society, in response to public interest in horticulture and botany.
Originally known as the Belfast Botanic Garden, the site contained exotic tree species and impressive plant collections from the southern hemisphere, many of which can still be seen in the park.
Today, the park is popular with residents, students and visitors and is an important venue for concerts, festivals and other events. It is home to the Palm House and the Tropical Ravine.